The TSUNAA Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Chapter nominating committee presents the official election schedule and nominating packet for the 2022 TSUNAA WDC chapter elections. Click here to access the application for nomination, the biographical sketch document, and other TSUNAA WDC Chapter Election Resources.
March 11, 2022 through March 30, 2022 - Nomination process open for all positions.
March 30, 2022 - 11:59 p.m. - Nominations will be closed.
April 1, 2022 – Candidates names and biographies will be forwarded to the members of the Nominating Committee. The chapter financial secretary will begin checking the financial status of each candidate.
April 4, 2022 – The financial secretary will send the names of the candidates whose financial status has been cleared to the nominating committee.
April 7, 2022 – The nominating committee will determine the qualified candidates (i.e., who meet the criteria).
April 8, 2022 – Profiles of the qualified candidates should be available online on the chapter website. An email will be sent to all financial chapter members with the online site information for chapter members to review the candidates’ profile information. In addition, the same profile information will be mailed to chapter members who do not have email addresses. Instructions for voting will also be distributed during the meeting.
April 13, 2022 – The qualified candidates will be announced at the chapter meeting. Candidates will have the option of speaking briefly at the meeting (2 minutes maximum). Instructions for voting will be distributed during the meeting. Attendees at the meeting will have the option of submitting their ballot.
April 13, 2022 through May 4, 2022 – Voting window will be open for both on-line voting and members voting by paper ballots.
May 4, 2022 – On-line voting window will be closed.
May 4, 2022 – Mailed paper ballot window will be closed. Paper ballots postmarked after this date will be ineligible for voting.
May 9, 2022 – On-line ballot results will be tallied by the Nominating committee.
May 9, 2022 – Paper ballot results will be tallied by the Nominating committee.
May 11, 2022 – The results of the chapter election will be announced during the designated time at the May chapter meeting.
• The Nominating Committee chair will work with the Corresponding Secretary to make sure that all election related correspondence messages are sent to the financial chapter members.
• Candidate Application for Nomination Form – to be completed by the nominator. (See form below)
• Candidate biographical information, including leadership ability. List any organization in which a leadership position was held (separate sheet to be completed by the nominator). (See form below)
• Candidate full color print quality headshot (to be submitted electronically)
- Be a regular member in good standing with the Local, Regional and National Organization.
- In addition to the above, the nominee for the office of President, must have served at least one (1) term as an officer in the TSUNAA-WDC chapter and be a bona fide member of the local chapter.
All elected positions are open for nominations. A person may hold an office for two (2) consecutive terms for a total of four (4) years. Elected positions are:
• Vice President
• Recording Secretary
• Financial Secretary
• Corresponding Secretary
TSUNAA WDC Chapter Election Resources:
TSUNAA WDC Nominations Election Announcement - 2022
TSUNAA WDC Application for Nomination
TSUNAA WDC Biographical Sketch Form
TSUNAA WDC Duties Of Officers